SCIGON is seeking a Technical Business Analyst for a long-term contract position in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Leads development of requirements documentation and related specifications, documentation and business cases
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, functional and technical specifications.
- Leads the collaboration with business customers to define scope for new projects, documents risks and assumptions, develops the delivery approach, and estimates cost and timings
- Responsible for the functional systems design:
- Leads and coordinates project team members through all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Participates in and facilitates system design workshops with the business community to solicit and document requirements (e.g. creation of user stories).
- Researches, reviews and analyzes existing processes and develops strategies for enhancements.
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Participation in architecting the logical design of the system with the technical team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows.
- Participates in screen design and specifications.
- Responsible for facilitating/brokering communication between project customers and the development team.
- Works closely with the technical delivery managers for overall coordination of project activities.
- Communicates with Development and QA teams regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Assists with research on software and hardware products.
- Act as translator between business and technical community interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa).
- Collaboratively document test criteria with requestors, developers, and QA teams.
- Coordinates and performs tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes/systems, and other post implementation support.
- Write user training manuals, help files, and facilitate training sessions for large applications, as needed.
- Coordinate knowledge transfer from Development Teams to the Help Desk, Admin, and other support team(s).
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four to seven years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (systems consulting experience desired).
- At least three years’ experience in large scale system implementation efforts following a standard software development lifecycle approach (scrum desired)
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data modeling.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard development methodologies and technologies.