SCIGON is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer (Quality) for a long-term contract opportunity in San Diego, CA.
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. Our work is very data dependent, and this candidate will be expected to understand and perform data analytics, data extraction and transformation testing. This candidate will lead quality and provide technical support to project team members and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks and may require leadership of others, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.
Strong collaboration and communication with teams and employees across the organization is essential.
The role will involve the creation and execution of functional verification tests, system integration tests, regression tests and API tests. Development of a test approach and test coverage matrix will be expected. This role will perform data extraction, transformation and analysis of data for use in testing application functionality. This position will work with team members to troubleshoot application issues. This role may require leading remote QA team members.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a fast-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Able to mentor others and and review test coverage and quality metrics
Quality Role Essentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 5+ years experience of recent QA Engineering Experience
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Strong experience with white-box, black-box, API, front-end and back-end testing
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
- Strong data analytics skill.
- Ability to identify trends and deficiencies in data sets to enhance the test coverage
- UNIX/LINUX experience
- Strong experience in the use of UNIX command line tools, editors, and shell scripting
- Experience with setting up isolated environments to run repeatable tests
- Experience leading remote teams
- Experinece in application performance testing
- XML experience
- Testing of complex algorithms or aggregations of claims medical data sets
- Java programming experience