Sr. Project Highway Engineer
The time is right to join SCIGON! We are currently seeking a Sr. Highway Project Engineer in our Chicago, Illinois office location.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of $1-$3M.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Illinois
- Master's degree preferred.
- IDOT, Illinois Tollway, CDOT and County roadway experience
- Experience and/or understanding of CAD platforms and applications: MicroStation/ Inroads/ AutoCAD/Geopak and Civil 3D preferred
General Work Conditions
Combination of Office and Field Environments: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
SCIGON Solutions offers all employees competitive compensation and health benefits.
SCIGON is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. SCIGON does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or other applicable status protected under federal, state, or local law.Submit Resume