SCIGON is seeking a Software Design Lead for a long-term contract or Full-Time opportunity in Pleasant Prarie, WI.
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing expert level enterprise application design for business solutions by performing the following duties.
• Design and develop the most complex and critical enterprise business applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards
• Act as a mentor for other developers on design patterns, best practices and resolving technical issues
• Assess alternative technical approaches and create architecture design models
• Create the most complex and critical technical design documents
• Perform design reviews of other developers’ designs and ensure adherence to architectural guidelines and principles
• Perform code reviews of other developers’ code for completeness, efficiency, performance and adherence to coding standards
• Act as a technical lead on projects to create the technical design for the solution, communicate it to the business and other key stakeholders and oversee the technical delivery through design, build, test and deploy
• Work without supervision with complete latitude.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
• 15+ years application design and development experience
• Expert level understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture and relational database design
• Expert level knowledge of SQL and database stored procedures
• Extensive experience in developing and consuming REST webservices and working in a micro-service environment
• Extensive knowledge of caching, service discovery, and circuit breaker patterns and concepts
• Detailed understanding of code versioning tools like Git, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits qualities such as being creative, pragmatic, insightful and forward thinking
• Able to excel working at an abstract level
• Requires travel to branch and international locations