SCIGON has an immediate need to a Senior Java Developer for a Contract to Hire position in San Diego or Campbell, CA.
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. This candidate will provide technical support to project team members and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks and may require leadership of others, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts
- Experience leading a technical team through all phases of the software development and delivery cycle.
Java Role Essentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 5+ years experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
- Linux experience (medium to advanced knowledge)
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services and client-server interactions
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with highly scalable web services
- API design and development
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Environment management/orchestration systems (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with continuous integration environment and tools
- Experience with Oracle, PostgresSQL, Mongo development and optimization
- Enterprise data warehousing design and development