SCIGON is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer for a long-term contract position in San Diego, CA
Summary of Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position should have an advanced grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasks and may require leadership of others, working under general direction. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.
Strong collaboration and communication with teams and employees across the organization is essential.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Able to mentor others and lead design efforts.
- Experienced in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban).
C++ Role Essentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field).
- 5+ years experience of recent C++ experience in Linux/Unix environment with strong understanding of STL and Boost libraries.
- 3+ years of application design and development experience with XML, SOAP, HTML, web and restful services and technologies.
- 3+ years RDBMS experience (e.g. Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008 or later, MySql), with demonstrated ability to implement tables, views, triggers, procedures, functions, indexing. Experience with document based databases a plus.
- Server side business and data access logic.
- Ability to refactor individual functions when necessary.
- Well versed in object oriented design, analysis, and development.
- RogueWave experience.
- Java development experience.