Roadway Design/Construction Engineer
SCIGON is an established firm providing professional service in multiple market sectors for a variety of disciplines, both public and private. SCIGON is hiring Roadway Design/Construction Engineers at all levels to help further develop our capabilities in the Transportation services sector for Federal, State, County, and Local governments. SCIGON has a foothold in this sector, with solid industry partnerships on a path of growth. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ability and experience in:
Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform roadway or highway design tasks for projects of medium to large size and complexity
- Work with roadway geometrics, drainage system design, traffic analysis and design, traffic maintenance, municipal engineering, general civil/site development
- Utilize MicroStation for design
- Prepare/review design plans, reports, documents, specs, construction cost estimates, and schedules for projects
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Proficiency with progressive roadway design
- Familiarity with DOT standards and procedures
- Strong MicroStation, MS Word, and MS Excel Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Engineer License in Illinois
- Experience working with IDOT/ Illinois Toll Highway Authority
- Experience and/or understanding of multiple CAD platforms and applications: MicroStation / Inroads / AutoCAD / Geopak and Civil 3D
- Masters Degree in Engineering
General Work Conditions
Combination of Office and Field Environments: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
SCIGON Solutions offers all employees’ competitive compensation and health benefits.
SCIGON is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. SCIGON does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or other applicable status protected under federal, state, or local law.