Position: QA Lead
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Duration: 3 month C2H
Rate: $60 for contract/$95K-100K+15% annual bonus for FT
Notes: This position will be 70% C# development and 30% automation. A solid .Net Developer with automation knowledge would work here.
(90%) Validation of Quality Applications
- Participate in requirement reviews and validations, as well as Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions
- Create a strategy which includes: regression, integration and UAT test approaches.
- Ensure the teams adherence to coding standards
- Create and integrate a complete “End to End” testing environment from Ecommerce through the POS system and all devices that pertain to said tests.
- Execute tests and improve test coverage iteratively as new features become part of regression and other test cycles
- Analyze automated test execution results and identify functional defects or scripting defects for improvement
- Identify Smoke test suite and Regression test suites to ensure each build is healthy and software is functional as expected
- Ensure that components and features are fully tested in each Sprint so that the feature is complete based on the definition of “done” in a highly Agile environment
- Develop, document, and maintain test cycles, tests and test steps for each sprint
- Ensure the appropriate test environments and test data are in place and controlled
- Work with project team members to conduct integration testing, system testing, and acceptance testing to ensure entire application are fully tested before production release is ready
- Provide manual and automated exploratory testing to understand the feature and how it is implemented, to find additional or unexpected behavior, and to refine and define additional test cases for the feature
(10%) Continuous Improvement
- Assists the practice area leader in defining and refining standards and best practices
- Facilitate and participate in Retrospectives to simplify, automate and improve processes and tools
- Deepen SQA, Engineering and Agile knowledge through self-study, group-study and projects
- Cross train in Development, Engineering, Quality, Collaboration, Communication and other related domain
- Technical Skills:
- Must have 3+ years of HANDS ON Automated Testing Experience. (Preferably Selenium based)
- Must have working experience in ‘Virtualized’ Environment and Data creation.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD practices in a highly agile environment
- Must have minimum 3+ years of software Quality Assurance experience.
- Must have minimum 2+ years of experience creating Gherkin statement for automation
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with testing Software and integrations with hardware devices.
- Experience in writing automation test cases, executing tests, and reporting defects
- Experience in conducting UAT sessions and working with Business stakeholders.
- Experience in a Retail or POS system is preferred
- Other Skills:
- Extensive experience working in Agile environment
- Adaptive to changes and respond fast to the changes
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times
- Highly collaborative and willing to play various team roles as needed to deliver quality releases
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay focus to complete the task
- EXCELLENT communication skills verbal and written. (Must be able to present in front of VP level)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Software Tester (ISTQB), Software Quality Engineer Certification (CSQE), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent certification is a plus.