SCIGON is seeking a Performance Tester for a long-term contract opportunity in Ann Arbor, MI.
Summary: Performance engineer is primarily responsible to ensure applications meet non-functional requirements and to plan and execute performance testing of small services. The engineer plays a key role in the area of Continuous Integration and Delivery and requires strong passion towards implementing new tools. As a strong team player, the engineer works with the lead, developers and other stake holders to define scope, workload models and non-functional requirements. Apart from creating and execution the tests, the engineer is responsible for analyzing and reporting the findings, and work with the support engineers to resolve all identified performance defects and make sure no defect is leaked into production.
• 8+ years of experience in performance testing/engineering.
• Expert experience in JMeter tool.
• Experience running tests using cloud testing tools like BlazeMeter, OctoPerf etc.,
• Jenkins and JMeter integration with pipeline scripting(groovy) experience.
• Good understanding of agile methodologies and agile performance testing.
• Development performance testing solution for small services in Devops world.
• Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security.
• Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Expert performance test engineering experience in both Web and Client Server applications.
• Ability to work independently with an aptitude for detailed work and follow-up activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Excellent team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
(80%) Validation of Quality Applications
• Requirements gathering, creating JMeter scripts and execution.
• Monitor build jobs and create defects for any performance related issues.
• In sprint performance testing.
• Scripting new functionality and fixing existing failed JMeter scripts.
• Plan performance tests both in QA and pre-prod (sometimes production).
• Attending daily standups, sprint planning and retros etc.
• Discuss with team on new services, gather requirements and develop JMeter scripts.
• Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
• Execute tests in cloud load generators as per requirements.
• Certify software performance functionality for new Production releases.
• Collaborate with Operations team to monitor applications to ensure applications perform as planned.
• Track defects on issues found.
• Estimate performance testing deliverables for all applicable projects.
• Perform detailed analysis on any bottlenecks found during test executions.
o Build Stress, Load, Capacity and soak tests at an enterprise wide level.
• Ability to communicate performance metrics of the applications to the leadership.
• Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the various applications
• Develop and maintain service level metrics for systems, including response time, failover, time to failure, and time to recover.
• Ability to coordinate with Leads and development managers.
• Timely presentation of KPI and performance metrics to leadership teams.