SCIGON is seeking a Java Developer for a long-term contract opportunity in Ann Arbor, MI.
High level responsibilities include interpreting functional design and requirements to design, develop and implement software solutions following agile development process. The position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in writing solutions using Enterprise Java technology skills and experience. Software development primarily consists of developing server-side processes and APIs for multiple client applications.
- Lead-level understanding of Core Java 1.8, Spring Framework 4.x, Spring Boot 1.4 and higher.
- Demonstrable experience with Restful web services using JSON and XML
- Demonstrable experience with TDD methodologies, and tools such as Junit, Mockito, TestNG
- Experience with JMS and ActiveMQ
- Experience with database access using Spring JDBC template, JPA, Hibernate (against SQL Server, preferred but not required)
- Experience with behavior-driven testing frameworks like Cucumber and integration-testing frameworks like Selenium and SoapUI
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Agile development experience, preferably with a few e-commerce startups
- High-level understanding of in-memory distributed data storage systems like memcache, ehcache, Hazelcast