SCIGON has an immediate need for an IT architect for a Full-Time opportunity in Lincolnshire, IL
- Strong foundational infrastructure skills, including architecture principles and design patterns of distributed systems in private and public cloud (VMWare and AWS).
- Passionate about IaC (Infrastructure as Code) philosophy and adept in IaC methodology.
- Hands-on experience implementing programmable infrastructure: beyond mere automation scripts to using IaC methodologies and tools to manage infrastructure configuration and automatic provisioning.
- Deep understanding of VMware technology stack in converged/hyper-converged environments, including vSphere, NSX, vRealize, vRA, vROps. Consideration for those certified with VMware products.
- Evangelist in VMWare Cloud Management Platform (CMP), able to architect, deploy and implement, define best practices, review and enhance software components, and mentor others.
- Expertise in VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), including DR automation experience.
- Hand-on experience automating configuration management and deploying PaaS solutions in private and public cloud (AWS) using any of the following IaC tool: Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker, etc.
- Hands-on experience designing, building, maintaining, and securing AWS microservices, IaaS and PaaS solutions for highly available business critical cloud-based systems.
- Support global organization as an infrastructure automation and cloud (AWS) SME.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on fostering relationships with other teams.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify risks early, fails fast, and improve on the next iteration.
- Being a strong believer in infrastructure modernization and the power of automation.
Education and Certifications:
- Required years of Infrastructure Experience: 10+
- BS level technical degree
- VMWare Certified Preferred
- AWS Certified Preferred