SCIGON is seeking a iOS Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Chicago, IL.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Expert-level knowledge of Objective C
- Experience taking start-to-finish technical ownership of features and/or applications from inception to delivery on at least one project
- Working understanding of Agile software engineering processes and methodologies; experience collaborating in an Agile environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with In-app purchase and Push notifications
- Must have published iPhone and/or iPad applications on App Store
- 3+ years of overall software development experience and 2+ years with iOS software development. Experience with Java/Android SDK a big plus.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, and performance optimization
- Web Services implementation experience, and experience consuming web services in mobile apps
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to work closely with a tight knit group of developers.
- Work using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate and work creatively with the UX and UI team.
- Be able to manage risks and deliver quality software on schedule.
- Produce high quality, maintainable and scalable software.
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with architect and leads to produce thoughtful software designs.
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure architectural principals and standards are maintained across your code and project lifecycles.
- Participate in technical assessment, scoping and management of changes to the code-based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests.
- Collaborates and works closely with other technical leads and domain experts, such as Infrastructure, Database, Middleware, and Front End (App/ Web) as the team develops features and platform enhancements.
- Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve the commercial success of the connectivity solution.