SCIGON has an immediate need for an Informatics Software Developer for a long-term contract in Lake Bluff, IL.
Core Job Responsibilities
- The individual will be responsible for analyzing customer needs (via use cases, requirements, or like), design and development of software work products.
- She/he will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for the artifacts created during the SDLC.
- The individual will develop high performance, scalable and secure applications.
- The individual will work with other members of the Informatics team to ensure continuous improvement and iterative evolution of the informatics applications.
- The individual must ensure their work is compliant with the ADD Informatics Quality system.
- The individual should conceive plans, execute and track their projects.
- The individual may travel occasionally per needs of the assigned project.
- The individual is responsible for the design and development of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- She/he is accountable for assisting with the design and implementation of one or more features as assigned on individual programs.
- The individual must have prior experience operating in Scrum-based development teams.
- The individual will interact with project managers, product owners and R&D leadership on project scope, timeline, risks and budget.
- The individual will work as part of cross-functional teams to deliver informatics products.
B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. MS is preferred. M.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is preferred. Associates Degree is acceptable with a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in a related job function.
5-7 years’ experience covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience at a startup, mid- to large-sized corporation is required. The candidate must have experience in developing and launching unique software / informatics products in one of the following industries: healthcare, defense or telecommunications.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and contemporary design patterns/practices.
- The candidate should have working knowledge in preferably Node.js and /or strong background in Java/ Scala/C#. Prior experience with UML is required.
- Prior experience with web based development using Angular.js, React.js, Node.js, D3.js, HTML5, or similar technologies is required.
- The candidate must have working knowledge in either SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, other) or NoSQL (Dynamo, Redis, MongoDB, other).
- Familiarity with unit, integration and functional testing, source control (Git preferred), and good software engineering practices.
- Experience building Restful web service APIs.
- Prior experience developing or working with Cloud-based technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desired.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently