Highway/Roadway Section Leader
SCIGON is an established firm providing professional service in multiple market sectors for a variety of disciplines, both public and private. SCIGON is seeking a seasoned senior transportation engineering professional to help further develop our capabilities in the Transportation services sector for Federal, State, County, and Local governments. SCIGON has a foothold in this sector, with solid industry partnerships on a path of growth. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ability and experience in:
- managing a team of engineers and technician to complete Highways and Roadways projects, adhering to scope, schedule, and budget with proven experience in Highways and Roadways Engineering.
- leading and managing a team in support of profitable operation of projects. Responsible for proactively managing the project's technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, and project communications. Must be able to support outstanding performance: delivery of quality work on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of <$5M.
- technical and administrative supervision experience, to ensure that technical, administrative, direct labor, and schedule targets of the section are met in accordance with applicable professional standards, design control procedures, company procedures, and technical design guides.
- collaborative ability, to develop a VISION for expanding services that allow SCIGON to successfully develop and provide premier Highways/ Roadways engineering services.
- assist in marketing Federal, State, County, and Local government agencies for planning, design, or construction of transportation improvement projects.
- experience in full cycle of transportation-focused business development, for opportunities identification and qualification through proposal/bid preparation and submission.
The successful candidate will be given the full support of SCIGON Vice-president of Engineering and flexibility to steer the course for a shared vision of expansion. Preference will be given to candidates with an ability to rapidly develop a team of support staff in conjunction with the shared risk of sustaining a viable Highways/ Roadways Engineering Section.
- coordinate activities of Highways/Roadways Section
- assign priorities and staff to jobs
- Coordinate time and budget on jobs
- maintain client contacts to ensure client satisfaction
- ensure quality control are maintained on project(s)
- manage up to 15 employees
- perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 15-20 years relevant experience
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Illinois
- Experience in project management of diverse roadway engineering projects
- Existing relationships with public transportation clients in Chicagoland
- Masters Degree in Engineering
General Work Conditions
Combination of Office and Field Environments: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
SCIGON Solutions offers all employees competitive compensation and health benefits.
SCIGON is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. SCIGON does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or other applicable status protected under federal, state, or local law.