SCIGON has an immediate need for a Site Reliability Engineer for a contract to hire position in San Diego or Campbell, CA.
5 years minimum of professional experience as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer, 8 years minimum software development industry experience. Strong knowledge of source code repository administration (git), build setup and administration (Jenkins and Jenkins Job DSL) and superior experience utilizing software build/configuration tools such as Maven and Gradle is essential. This role will maintain services in the engineering environment once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. In addition, at senior level, (1) Ensures proper controls are established and maintained over test and production systems and software source code. (2) Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components. (3) Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- Effective communication with other teams and co-workers.
- Automation of scripts.
- Daily maintenance of source repositories.
- Distributed deployment and install of releases to single/multiple-host environment.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (Micro Services).
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Automated Build implementation using Jenkins.
- Proficiency in Jenkins Job DSL (or Jenkins 2.0).
- Proficiency in code quality tools such as SonarQube or similar.
- Proficiency in Docker.
- Proficiency in build repository tools such as Artifactory or similar.
- Proficiency in automated deployment tools such as Kubernetes or similar.
- Ability to identify and communicate code metrics (quality, performance, security, etc.) identified in the build process.
- Git and GitHub Source Control – Branching / Merging / Tagging.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other Site Reliability Engineers in local and remote offices.
- Experience with agile based iterative development (Scrum) and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Java programming experience.
- Proficiency in shell scripting.
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies such as AWS.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or any other software configuration management tool is a huge plus.
- iOS Mobile build experience.