SCIGON has an immediate need for DevOps Engineers for a long-term contract engagement in Chicago, IL.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years’ experience in system operations, technical operations or DevOps role for websites and/or mobile applications
- More than 2 years’ experience working with a 24x7x365 service organization
- Experience working to support consumer-facing products and mobile phone applications with a strong engineering and/or IT service level component. Demonstrated success operating a complex system.
- Experience desired of working in inside a matrix organizations, including production support/analyst roles across call centers, marketing, engineering, product development and IT.
- Previous operations experience working on public cloud infrastructure.
- Lead the daily service operations activities with all Operations team members to ensure that the health and status of program and its integrated components are running and fulfilling end user requests
- Define, manage, and execute operational tests and processes to confirm system health or status
- Collaborate, consult, coordinate task level work with developers or scrum teams on matter of capacity expansion or new feature deployment. Ensure that server and system capacity projections are accurate and prevent any service degradation due to lack of resources
- Responsible for management of existing as well as development of new monitoring frameworks, monitoring dashboards and monitoring data history archive in support of Service Level Agreements and Quality of Service reporting. Deliver the “three nines” uptime by forming collaboration teams aligned to the SLA goal.
- Operates, manages, monitors the cloud hosted components/solutions which complement the corporate data center hosted solutions
- Participate, manage, lead incident response calls ensuring immediate mitigation and then ultimate resolution to the root causes of all service interruptions. Ensures that the operations team documentation and training on incident responses is keep current. Will be part of a rotational support team with 24×7 on call assignment every few weeks.
- Author necessary Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents after service breaks. Collects RCA documents from other responsible parties for service breaks impacting platforms. Follow up on corrective actions items determined by RCA meetings
- Support the QA Team with defect/ticket research for pre-existing bugs or undesired system behavior
- Communicate with stakeholder and partner teams about planned and unplanned outage
- Perform daily / weekly/ monthly reporting duties as directed by supervisor. Conduct data extractions in support of QOS investigations, RCAs, business opportunities and user communications
- Responsible for all operational documents and communication materials. Develop new and maintain existing process documents
- Participates in meetings and reviews throughout the project meetings with our client’s staff to discuss the operational dimensions and requirements of new releases of products
- Proactively and continuously educates non-technical staff on relevant operational best-practices
- Will direct others in work activities for small task based projects. Will follow guidance from Development team architects on new functionality/features being deployed; ensures relevant server capacity is available for all scheduled feature launches.
- Protect company reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.