SCIGON has an immediate need for a Cloud System Engineer in Vernon Hills, IL
As a Cloud System Engineer you will plan, analyze, design, test and deploy enterprise scale Microsoft cloud infrastructure solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on premise IT systems. As a Cloud System Engineer you will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Leading technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could platforms.
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Executing technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
- Experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server / Azure Team Services
- Experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
- Working knowledge of following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Stack
- Azure Foundation (Subscription, Network, Compute, Features)
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Hyper-V (VMware, KVM hypervisor exposure desired)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)
- Experience configuring 3rd party software.
- Experience with ASR/Azure Backup Services